I have limited availability for consulting work in Fall 2021. My rate is $250/hour. For education and work experience, see my resume.
I work in Rust and have expertese in the following areas:
Cutting-edge and esoteric web tech. I’m well-versed in the API surface of modern browsers, up and down the stack:
- WebAssembly (Jamsocket)
- WebGL and WebGPU (webgl2-glyph, wgsl-playground)
- WebSockets and real-time collaboration (Jamsocket, Aper, fractional_index)
- Chrome extensions and WebExtensions API (Treeverse)
- Web Push & Service Workers (notify.run)
- Headless Chrome / WebDriver
Data engineering. I’m experienced in building robust data processing pipelines and creating useful representations of messy source data. I’ve worked with structured and unstructured datasets in finance, geospatial, markets, ad tech, and politics. Most is behind NDAs, but some public examples are:
- ranked.vote (and the Rust pipeline that populates it)
- A Rust parser for SEC EDGAR data
- A PDF and web scraper for US federal court vacancy data
- A Harvard Business Review piece visualizing web-scraped data
Technical candidate evaluation. I’m experienced in conducting standard 60 minute, algorithm-focused technical interviews, including over remote code-pairing. I believe that one of the most expensive recruiting mistakes that technical companies make is conducting interviews that are low-signal, test memorization over process, and alienate good candidates in the process. If you would like to reduce the recruiting burden on your engineering team or have outside help with technical interview training, let’s talk.
I can be contacted at email@example.com.